|“||What it means to be a knight? That's an answer you'll have to seek by yourself, as I have.||„|
Dukemon (デュークモン ?, Dyūkumon) is an Ultimate-level Holy-species Holy Knight Digimon who is a member of the Boundary Crossers, a group of Digimon that travel between universes to retrieve any rogue Digimon that may have escaped the Digital World. He is armed with the divine lance Gram and the divine shield Aegis.
Dukemon was the first official new recruit to the Boundary Crossers. He was a wandering warrior who wanted to learn about the world, but since he had already become very knowledgeable on the Digital World, he grew bored. The encounter with BanchouLeomon was a fortunate one, as it gave Dukemon the possibility to explore new, entirely different worlds completely unknown to him. The knight joined the Boundary Crossers without any hesitation, as the prospect of exploring new worlds excited him greatly. Not much later, Dukemon went to meet Darkdramon, who was trying to convince a Mastemon to join the team. While the dragon had trouble winning the angel over, Dukemon managed to make her join the team without any effort at all, much to Darkdramon's surprise.
Dukemon is a nice guy, but not much of a talker. He is kind of a loner, usually found standing or sitting somewhere alone, observing his surroundings. Dukemon is fascinated by the unknown; viewing spacious landscapes puts him in great spirits and makes him feel at ease. Another notable trait of Dukemon's is his extreme honesty: he never lies, can easily see through lies and is a terrible liar himself. True to his species, this knight is very chivalrous and follows a personal code of justice, but is quite liberal and knows not everyone agrees with his vision of what is and what isn't just. He is very well befriended with HerakleKabuterimon due to their similar personalities: both prefer being alone minding their own business and are kind yet taciturn. As time went on, Dukemon grew very attached to Mastemon, who had always been smitten with him. The holy knight's feelings for his angel are very strong, but he prefers to keep it hidden from others and, as a result, is quite shy whenever his relationship with Mastemon is brought up.
- Holy Counter: Dukemon braces himself to send an incoming attack back with light energy.
- Hyper Tornado: Dukemon generates a strong whirlwind that traps and damages a wide range of enemies.
- Geo Magma Napalm: Dukemon shoots four orbs of fire from Aegis, which erupt once they make contact with the ground.
- Royal Saber: Dukemon throws a forceful jab with Gram, infused with light energy.
- Final Elysion: Dukemon charges light energy inside Aegis, then fires a powerful energy beam from the shield.
Dukemon can ascend to a higher level of power known as Dukemon: Crimson Mode (abbr. Dukemon CM).
This form is acquired when he reaches a completely peaceful state of mind and concentrates all his light energy in his Digicore. The Digital Hazard inside him is sealed away, and Dukemon Crimson Mode solely relies on holy power to defeat his enemies. The enormous amount of light energy leaks out from the back of his body, manifesting into ten wings of light emerging from his back. Dukemon Crimson Mode is armed with the divine lance of light Gungnir and the divine sword of light Blutgang, which are energy weapons with no physical form.
Changes from Base Form
Upon tapping into Crimson Mode's power, Dukemon becomes calmer and more focused compared to his base form. His overall level of power increases drastically on all fronts, but Dukemon cannot maintain this form for too long. Keeping the Digital Hazard sealed away greatly drains Dukemon's energy over time, so he only transforms to Crimson Mode when he truly needs the power and reverts not long after the battle is over.
- Burst Counter: Dukemon CM braces himself to counter an incoming attack imbued with a blazing power.
- Grand Gale: Dukemon CM whips up a fierce galestorm that traps and damages opponents. Less range, but more power than Hyper Tornado.
- Royal Flare: Dukemon CM shoots a stream of scorching gold flames from his Digicore at the opposition.
- Invincible Sword: Dukemon CM delivers a series of purifying slashes using Blutgang.
- Quo Vadis: Dukemon CM concentrates his energy into Gungnir, then hurls it at the opposition. When Gungnir makes contact, it releases strong waves of purification.