|“||This armor can still serve its purpose. One day it may fall apart, but until then, we will fight. Overwatch may be gone, buts its legacy endures through us. We have sworn to carry on its ideals and restore hope to this troubled world...To seek out tyranny and evil wherever they take root...And bring the hammer of justice down upon the wicked.||„|
Reinhardt is a Tank Hero in Overwatch and RP character used by X Jay's Wing X.
Reinhardt's unique ethics and larger-than-life persona earned the admiration of his peers and superiors alike. Never afraid to speak his mind, he was Overwatch's most vocal supporter and, when necessary, its harshest critic, providing a constant reminder that Overwatch was meant to be a force for good. He got on well with Torbjörn (who maintained his armor).
Over thirty years ago, Overwatch was founded to counter the threat of the robot uprisings around the world. Reinhardt, a highly decorated German soldier, was inducted as part of the original Overwatch strike team that put an end to the Omnic Crisis. After the conflict's resolution, Overwatch grew into a global institution, keeping the peace in a war-torn world. Reinhardt proved himself to be one of its most stalwart champions. At some point he was stationed at Watchpoint: Gibraltar, where he got a tan.
Having served into his late fifties, Reinhardt was faced with mandatory retirement from combat operations. Despondent about being removed from active duty, Reinhardt feared that his days of purpose and glory had ended. As times grew darker and Overwatch came under suspicion of corruption and sedition, Reinhardt could only watch as the cause he had dedicated his life to defending surrendered in disgrace. One year prior to its disbandanment, Overwatch's Swiss headquarters was destroyed, apparently killing Jack Morrison in the blast. Reinhardt spoke fondly of his former commander at his memorial service.
Though Overwatch was eventually disbanded, Reinhardt was not content to sit idly by while the world fell to disorder. Once again donning his Crusader armor, he vowed to fight for justice across Europe like a knight of old, defending the innocent and winning hearts and minds with the promise of better days to come. In this he was accompanied by Brigitte, who helped maintain his armor. The pair would get into numerous scraps. At some point he was present in King's Row, where he protected omnics and their sympathizers from rioters.
While traveling with Brigitte, Reinhardt and his companion found themselves low on fuel and money. They stopped off in a town to get some of the former, but found it practically abandoned. They discovered that the area was being menaced by the Dragons, a group of scavengers who were seizing territory, unopposed by the local authorities. They encountered some of the Dragons themselves, and Reinhardt stepped in, demanding they leave. They refused, and proceeded to beat him into the ground. Laughing at his now inability to fight back, they headed off, warning Reinhardt that he should do likewise. Not following that advice, Reinhardt and Brigitte got his armor back into fighting shape. With Brigitte having located the Dragons' base of operations in a nearby factory, Reinhardt headed off to confront them. Willingly or otherwise, Reinhardt saw the Dragons as actual dragons of myth, and fought them as the proverbial knight. In this he succeeded, and demanded that they leave these lands and never return.The next day Reinhardt was back in the town, telling the mayor that the Dragons would bother his people no longer. Their job done, he and Brigitte headed off to get some fuel.
- Rocket Hammer: Reinhardt's primary weapon. Pressing the primary fire button causes Reinhardt to swing the hammer, dealing damage to all enemies in a cone in front of Reinhardt.
- Barrier Field: The Barrier Field is a powerful, rectangular barrier that Reinhardt carries like a shield, blocking most projectiles and bullets that hit it. It can be activated by pressing and holding down the secondary fire button. The barrier has its own separate Health pool, and Barrier Field is disabled if the barrier's Health drops to 0. Reinhardt will regenerate lost barrier Health after a few seconds of not activating Barrier Field.
- Charge: When activated, Reinhardt will use rocket boosters to propel himself forwards. He gains significant speed, but loses most of his ability to turn. Reinhardt will stop his charge after a period of time or when he collides with a solid surface, whichever comes first. The first enemy Reinhardt collides with during his charge will become "pinned" to Reinhardt, and will be dealt heavy damage if Reinhardt then impacts a solid surface. All other enemies will be knocked away from him. Stuns, such as those from Roadhog or McCree, will immediately end Charge.
- Fire Strike: When activated, Reinhardt will hurl a flaming projectile forwards that deals decent damage to any enemy it hits. This projectile passes through enemies and barriers, meaning that a single projectile can hit multiple opponents. It stops upon impacting a solid surface.
- Earthshatter (Ultimate): Reinhardt's Ultimate ability. When activated, Reinhardt slams his hammer into the ground, creating a cone of force that damages and stuns enemies who are hit by it. This ability respects line of sight, so anyone Reinhardt can't see is not affected by it.
- Reinhardt's armor bears similarities to CMC armor in Blizzard's StarCraft universe, possessing a similar hydraulic and exhaust system.