ShodaiBara (初代バラ ShodaiBara) is a subterranean kaiju who is used and owned by Lord Vehk.
REVAMP IN PROGRESS
ShodaiBara was first seen in where he was awakened by sound from a nearby factory. He attacked the factory, and burrowed to a Shirane Village and attacked it. He then attacked a farm to feed on the livestock. ShodaiBara was not seen during these attacks, so Frankenstein was blamed for them. A worker at the factory says it was not Frankenstein, but another monster. When a group of scientists looked for Frankenstein, they caused an explosion that woke up ShodaiBara from his sleep. He tried to eat the scientists, but he was stopped by Frankenstein. Frankenstein and ShodaiBara battle, but Frankenstein wins when he breaks ShodaiBara's neck. The ground then cracks and the two fall down the hole.
ShodaiBara appeared briefly in sometime later during the Kilaak invasion, where he is present during the battle between the Earth monsters and King Ghidorah, but doesn't fight. He was later seen elsewhere and is now currently residing on Monster Islands.
- Magma Heat Ray: ShodaiBara can fire a heat ray from his mouth.
- Glowing Nasal Horn: ShodaiBara's horn can glow and give him better vision in pitch black environments.
- Burrowing: ShodaiBara can burrow underground at excellent speeds.
- Extraordinary Jumper: ShodaiBara can jump up to high heights.
- The ShodaiBara suit is famous for its extensive reuse and constant reshaping and repurposing in some of Tsuburaya Productions initial Tokusatsu TV shows. The suit was originally supposed to be in more scenes in Destroy All Monsters, but the suit was too damaged, as a result of when Eiji Tsuburaya used it for Ultra Q and Ultraman. The suit was first reused for Pagos in Ultra Q episode 18, then it was used for Neronga in Ultraman episode 3, then it was used for Magular in Ultraman episode 8, and finally, it was used for Gabora in Ultraman episode 9. When Tsuburaya returned the suit to Toho, it becomes very clear that they weren't able to use the suit that much which explains why the suit was used at the very end of the movie when it shows all the monsters living peacefully on Monsterland.
- ShodaiBara was originally used by GarudaGoji, then Krazar77 and is now used by Lord Vehk.