|“||Treasure your life, because you only have one. Live life too slow, and the world leaves you. Live life too fast, and you die sooner. The latter has happened to me.||„|
Soyuma Takuji (ソユマタクジ, Soyumatakuji) who later becomes Kamen Rider Phantom (仮面ライダーファントム, Kamen raidāfantomu) is the eponymous hero, one of the main protagonists as well as the primary Kamen Rider of the fanon Rider series Kamen RIder Phantom, created by Gojiran.
Soyuma Takuji is a young eighteen year old man who is born in eighteenth century Japan. His entire family has a bad history and relations to many of the samurai lord's, which causes him to be neglected as well. He dreams to become a samurai with different motives than what all samurai should have, making many, as well as civilians look down and humiliate him. Unfortunately he is killed by a civilian rebel and is left dying with his crying sister by his side. Immediately after he dies a spiritual force saves him from transitioning into the afterlife and sends him to the 21st century to redeem himself, but he knows nothing of the current time and is left alone.
However, soon, the spiritual force is revealed to be an eternal supreme being that has the choice to prevent others from going into the afterlife, as a choice to redeem themselves in a different time, and place. However, it cannot save their own lives and they must be spirits and no longer living. This is the case with Soyuma. The spirit expects him to redeem himself even though Soyuma has no clue as to how and why he would do that. The spirit knows of his entire life and brings up the idea of him saving other's lives before meeting their undeserving demise, just like he did.
After some tough thought, Soyuma considers this, and the spiritual force officially assigns Soyuma as an undead warrior who protects and prevents the souls of the living to enter in their demise, in order to counter against an enemy who wants to siphon the life out of everyone on the Earth, in Earth's timelines, in Earth's alternate realites, and eventually the entire universe to create their own perfect heaven, where everyone is an emotionless soul and is ruled by the organization's strongest kaijin. Ideally, this is truly their depiction of hell.
As a warrior, Soyuma is told the concept of a Kamen Rider as an ideal use to become a warrior. Soyuma considers this also and is given the Phantom Driver and a cube that contains his own soul, manifested into a warrior known as Kamen Rider Phantom. The cube acts as a transformation gimmick that initiates his transformation into Phantom, as the driver provides the stability to do so. The spirit tells him to go on an additional quests to collect cubes that inhabit the souls of different kinds of ghosts in the real folklore that will aid him in becoming stronger, until he discovers the last cube.
At the start, Soyuma does face the organization as Phantom, but does not know what much to do else as he is given the title without a true reason or motivation to do so. However, witnessing the deaths of others and forming bonds with few living friends empower his willpower and his motivation, determined to stop the organization. Soyuma eventually faces more Kamen Riders that have different purposes as to why they are in the world of the living while they are also spirits by the spiritual force. He creates intense friction and rivalry with them, but they are eventually sympathetic to each other and aid in the same goal despite their different ways of doing so.
Soyuma is a very empathetic and sympathetic person. He deeply cares for the feelings and well-being of others, which actually is the source of his willpower. He always wants to save everyone's lives before they meet their demise - but with some, he expects them to repent of their sins as they may be the cause of their future death, but Soyuma believes for even those some people, if they repent, their death will not be a punishment or undeserving. Even with villains, as well as said organization, he wants them to repent their sins consistently even though they never will.
When met with villains or those that have negative intent, the importance of them repenting their sins is very high. And if they don't listen, then he has no choice but to punish them. That means fighting them, defeating them, and sometimes, destroying them. Because he believes those with negative intent can still repent, but if he knows that they truly cannot, then death would be coming for them. He is always caught up in the thoughts of his mind about life and death. He consistently thinks about it, while still trying to face the reality that he is really dead.
While meeting the other Phantom Riders, he understands how different the ways they achieve the same goals, but in the end he agrees to them because they have the same goals. He trusts them deeply.
Soyuma is a Japanese 18 year old adult that stands at 5'10. He has black, spiky-bowl-like hair and dons dark brown eyes. He wears a black leather jacket and a white shirt, as well as black jeans and shoes. He always has a confident smile/grin that shows no fear that is ready to take on whoever stands in his way.
Soyuma usually has the same fighting style as most of the Heisei Riders. He follows the basic beat-em-up formula before initiating finishers to destroy them. He knows martial arts, and is very skilled with it. He is very skilled in combat and is very intelligent and strategic and battle. He uses his strategic and intelligent methods when brawn isn't working; although he usually thinks out the battle before he goes in to fight his opponent(s).
- Combat - Soyuma is capable of combat.
- Martial Arts - Soyuma is capable of martial arts and is very skilled in it.
- Immortal - Because he is a ghost, Soyuma is immortal and cannot age.
- Fear Inducement - Somewhat similar to Kiva, but much more effective, Soyuma can naturally induce fear to anyone regardless of who they are. But it does not work on those who have a strong, heroic willpower, or is a being that is above him.
- Flight - Because he is a ghost, Soyuma is capable of flight.
- Intangibility - Because he is a ghost, Soyuma is capable of intangibility and can use it if he desires.
- Invisibility - Because he is a ghost, Soyuma is capable of becoming invisible.
- Possession - Because he is a ghost, Soyuma is capable of possessing anyone, regardless of who they are. It does not apply to those who are spiritually strong enough to block out possession.
- Telekinesis - Because he is a ghost, Soyuma is capable of telekinesis, but cannot move objects that only his forms are strong enough to be capable of moving.
Soyuma's forms are called Souls. Before transformation, the souls are the themes of the souls that are based on the dead, and based on what specific topic of the dead that the soul is. They are housed in cubes made of spiritual energy and came be used in his Phantom Driver.
|“||GHOST! SOUL, IN! (upbeat techno ghost-themed music) Manifest! (techno ghost-themed music) Lurk the living, punish the evil! Unleash your soul! Un-Un-Un-Unleash!! (intense spiritual energy sounds, flaming sounds diminish)||„|
— Transformation announcement
Ability Parameters -
- Punching power: 7t
- Kicking power: 11t
By inserting the Ghost Cube into the Phantom Driver and moving it down into the placeholder, Soyuma is materialized in ghostly, spiritual eternal energy that make up his base form. In this form, he is aligned with the heroic spirits of the dead that seek to protect the innocent and fight the evil. This form is usually known as Kamen Rider Phantom.
This is Soyuma's most balanced form, and for this reason he uses his primary form the most. This form performs better than all of his other primary forms in terms of fighting tactics.
In real folklore, the Ghost Soul is based on the general idea of a ghost.
In this form, Phantom is armed with the Phantom Sabre and the Phantom Gun. He is also armed with the Phantom Gauntlet that he can put on at anytime.
- Finishers -
- Phantom Driver -
- Phantom Kick - Phantom becomes empowered with the energy of the dead, and jumps upwards, before crashing down. His foot is covered with white flames and spiritual energy.
- Phantom Sabre -
- Phantom Slash - Phantom's blade is empowered with the energy of the dead, and performs a series of powerful slashes coated in white, spiritual fire.
- Phantom Cleave - Phantom's blade is empowered with the energy of the dead, and charges, performing a giant white slash that tears into the opponent, and briefly tears into Earth and Purgatory.
- Phantom Gun -
- Phantom Shot - Phantom's gun is empowered with the energy of the dead, and fires a powerful projectile of spiritual energy at the opponent.
- Phantom Barage - Phantom's gun is empowered with the energy of the dead, and fires a ball of white energy, before it instantly morphs into a series of white energy bullets fired at the opponent at high speeds.
- Phantom Gun and Sabre
- Phantom Slash - Phantom's weapons are empowered with the energy of the dead, and performs a series of powerful slashes combined with intervening projectiles from his gun at the opponent.
- Phantom Gauntlet -
- Phantom Punch - Phantom's gauntlet is empowered with the energy of the dead, and charges powerful spiritual energy into his gauntlet, before rocketing it towards the opponent, creating critical damage.
- Phantom Uppercut - Phantom's gauntlet is empowered with the energy of the dead, as his gauntlet charges, and he runs into the opponent and fires the gauntlet from their gut, and then ripping all the way into their chin, which causes them to fire upwards and explode in the air.
|“||VENGEFUL! SOUL, IN! (upbeat heavy metal music) Manifest! (heavy metal music) You torment me, I'll torment you! Pain! Pain! Pain! Pain! Ve-ve-ve-ve-Vengeful!" (intense flame sounds, sounds diminish)||„|
— Transformation announcement
Ability Parameters -
- Punching power: 12t
- Kicking power: 15.8t
By inserting the Vengeful Cube into the Phantom Driver and pulling it down into the placeholder, Soyuma is materialized in red flames that make up his Vengeful Soul. In this form, he is aligned with the heroic vengeful spirits that seek true punishment to all evil.
Soyuma awakens his second main form by receiving excessive amounts of torment forced from the organization, and witnessing the murder of an innocent life he could not save, his emotions seeking extreme vengeance, and then aligning himself with the vengeful dead. In this form, his strength or brawn is enhanced to high amounts, allowing him to deal critical damage at the cost of his speed and quick attacks and strategies. In this form his personality darkens slightly.
In real folklore, this form is based off of vengeful ghosts. This form is the strongest out of all the main forms.
Soyuma wields the Phantom Club in this form.
- Phantom Driver
- Vengeful Kick - Phantom's becomes empowered by the vengeful spirits, and he flies upwards, and charges down at the enemy with a flaming, electrically-infused kick.
- Phantom Club
- Vengeful Smash - Phantom's club becomes empowered by the vengeful spirits, and he smashes the club on the ground that releases several giant pillars of bright red energy upwards, racing towards the opponent.
|“||SEEKER! SOUL, IN! (upbeat chilling music) Manifest! (spooky chilling music) In the shadows, you'll never see! I'll find you, you won't find me! (intense cold air sounds, sounds diminish||„|
Ability Parameters -
- Punching power: 6.2t
- Kicking power: 9t
By inserting the Seeker Cube into his Phantom Driver and pushing it down into the place-holder, Soyuma is materialized in cold, chilling air that creates his Seeker Soul. The Seeker Cube's soul is Soyuma's soul combined with the heroic lurking souls that want to induce fear and intimidate the evil or the opponent.
Soyuma awakens his third main form after focusing to use his powers that purposely induce fear, and aligning himself with the fearful dead. In this form, the Seeker Soul sits in between the Ghost Soul and the Vengeful Soul. While the Ghost Soul acts as the perfect balance between them and the Vengeful acts as the intense brawn, the Seeker Soul is the intellectual and strategic form.
In this form, Soyuma becomes strongly curious in battle. He also becomes oddly hungry.
In real folklore, this form is based off of ghosts that lurk the abandoned and unknown.
In this form, Soyuma wields the Phantom Spear.
- Phantom Driver
- Seeker Kick - Phantom's foot becomes empowered by the seeking spirits, and he flies upwards, and charges down at the enemy with a foot surrounded in intense cold air and energy.
- Seeker Impale - Phantom's spear becomes empowered by the seeking spirits, and he leans back slightly, and throws the empowered spear at the opponent, impaling them and causing them to explode.
|“||WRAITH! SOUL, IN! (upbeat chilling death music) Manifest! (techno death chilling music) I'm here! Revealing your end! Watch out, watch out, watch out!! (intense ectoplasm sounds, sounds diminish||„|
Ability Parameters -
- Punching power: 9.2t
- Kicking power: 13t
By inserting the Wraith Cube into his Phantom Driver and pushing it down into the place-holder, Soyuma is materialized in ectoplasm energy that creates his Wraith Soul. The Wraith Cube's soul is Soyuma's soul combined with the heroic souls of the dead that warn the evil of their unavoidable defeats, and their deaths.
Soyuma awakens this form his fourth main form when he becomes determined to stop the villain's at all costs, and accept that the villain's cannot be changed and will instead haunt them of their deaths. This form acts as a no-mercy and serious die-or-be-killed fighting tactic.
In this form, Soyuma becomes strongly determined to defeat the villain.
In real folklore, this form off of wraiths, a type of ghost that appears to the living before they die, either directly or later. This form is the weakest out of all the main forms.
In this form, Soyuma wields the Phantom Sickle.
- Phantom Driver
- Wraith Kick - Phantom becomes empowered by the wraiths of the dead, and he jumps up in the air, crashing down to the opponent with ectoplasmic energy.
- Phantom Sickle
- Sickle Boomerang - Phantom's Phantom Sickle becomes empowered by the wraiths of the dead, and throws it like a boomerang at extreme speeds, as the sickle finds and slashes through the opponent multiple times before ripping their body in two at the final slash, finishing them off.